|Securus Technologies, Inc. Completes Installation of Texas Department of Criminal Justice Inmate Phone System – Largest Contract in the Sector in the United States|
Dallas, TX —/PRNewswire/ -- Securus Technologies, Inc. a leading provider of inmate communications services and innovative offender and case management software design, today announced that it, in a partnership with CenturyLink – completed the installation work at all Texas state-operated prison facilities in December, 2009.
Paula Parson, Director of Projects at Securus Technologies emphasized the scope of the Texas installation effort. “We started our work in the fourth quarter of 2008 and had our first facility installed in March, 2009 – with all TDCJ-operated facilities installed by the end of December, 2009. At the height of our effort – we had over 300 Securus Associates, CenturyLink Associates, and contractors working full time on the installation – few companies in our industry could have had the resources to handle work of this magnitude. We used almost 200 Securus Associates in planning, installation, project management for this effort – and we accomplished the objective – I am proud to have been a part of this successful project.”
- Seven (7) year contract with Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ);
- Installation of approximately 5,500 phones that are used on a tightly controlled basis to make secure outbound calls;
- 120,000 Texas inmates are potentially eligible for phone privileges;
- This contract represents the largest department of corrections contract ever signed in the inmate telecommunications sector;
- The unique challenges of installing inmate telecommunications services at facilities where inmate phone calling was previously not allowed – were overcome;
- Securus and CenturyLink successfully managed a $30 million installation project to completion over the last twelve (12) months.
Securus Technologies, Inc. is one of the largest suppliers of detainee communications and information management solutions, serving approximately 2,300 correctional facilities nationwide. A recognized leader in providing comprehensive, innovative technical solutions and responsive customer service, Securus’ sole focus is the specialized needs of the corrections and law enforcement communities. Securus is headquartered in Dallas, TX, with regional offices in Carrollton and Allen, TX and Atlanta, GA. For more information please visit the Securus website at www.securustech.net
Bob Pickens, (972) 277-0386
Source: Securus Technologies, Inc.